Job Position – DevOps/Software Engineer
Job Location - Springfield VA
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Clearance Type: Top Secret/SCI Required to apply
Primary Shift: Flexible schedule to promote family/work balance
Travel Required: As needed
Experience: Minimum 5 + years of knowledge and hands on.
Positions Available: 1
Desired Certification: DoD 8570.1 IAT Level II
· Must have strong Software Development hands on experience.
· Must have strong Windows, Unix development or Mobile background development.
· Implement automation tasks for server workloads such as writing ANSIBLE playbooks, BASH or PYTHON scripts.
· Integrate existing software into new or modified systems or operating environments.
· Requires expert application development, code review and analysis security assessments of various COTS and GOTS applications.
· Test and recommend future direction or projects to management, including automation and scripting, virtualization, containers, storage and filesystem solutions, etc.
· Maintain system security and execute common practices/procedures; monitors usage statistics and logs; monitors and remedies attempts to penetrate or corrupt server files.
· Maintain baseline configurations and performs modification of configuration settings and automation solutions.
· Ability to tackle complex infrastructure, security and development problem sets.
· Developing and automating repeatable tasks and tuning.
· Design, implement, and administer platform tools to support release of software products with tools such as Ansible, Spinnaker, Terraform etc.
· Experience with container configurations and services, especially Kubernetes & Docker.
· Ability to write well-written code following best practices and design patterns.
· Ability to implement and improve monitoring and alerting.
· Experienced with GIT repositories with hands on with tagging, releasing, and build processes (other repositories with similar code setup).
· Strong technical understanding of cybersecurity attack techniques and associated mitigation techniques.
· Experienced in UNIX/LINUX Server administration.
· Experience with Cloud Storage and Virtualization solutions.
· Experience in Setup and maintenance of cloud infrastructure.
· Nice to have - Android development/architecting a plus.
· Nice to have - mobile application design a plus.
· Nice to have - Redis – multi-failover installations.
· Nice to have - ElasticSearch – multi-failover installations.
· Nice to have - Grafana and Prometheous.
· Provide technical guidance and leadership to engineers with less experience.
· Ability to review work of others and detect errors or needed modifications.
· Ability to work under minimal direction.
· Ability to determine and develop approach to solutions quickly.
· Ability to make recommendations to purchase hardware, software, and system\applicationcomponents.
· Excellent communication skills: shows tact, effective listening skills and follow through.
· Competent to work at a high technical level of systems engineering activities.
· Innovation and Learning new technologies.
Travel and alternate hours:
· Occasional travel to customer sites in support of troubleshooting, testing, and deployment activities.
· Ability to work after hours and weekends as needed. (outages/upgrades)
The company believes in our employees and technology solutions that is designed as the result of hard-work. Its the work ethic and motivation of these employees that continues to be the integral part of Brilliant Solutions business success. We continue to aspire for growth opportunities with other clients and business partners.