Job Position – Network Engineer
Job Location - Springfield VA
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Clearance Type: Top Secret/SCI Required to apply
Primary Shift: Flexible schedule to promote family/work balance
Travel Required: As needed
Experience: Minimum 5 + years of knowledge and hands on.
Positions Available: 1
Desired Certification: DoD 8570.1 IAT Level II
• Demonstrate network troubleshooting techniques and experience.
• Create and implement new Network engineering designs.
• Presenting network changes to internal review boards.
• Ensure compliance with network security policies and procedures.
• Provide After Action Reports (AARs) for Problem Management resolution.
• Create configuration management documentation to track network changes.
• Troubleshooting switch, router, ASA and firewall connectivity issues between various
customer sites and cloud environments.
• Solid understanding of networking technologies (routing, switching, TCP/IP, Ethernet
traffic analysis tool, TAPs, VPN’s, traffic brokers).
• Security compliance and patching of all network devices (router, switch, ASA, firewall,
etc.) in accordance with organization and vendor policies.
• Layer 2 and Layer 3 hands-on configuration experience, with emphasis on routing
protocols BGP, EIGRP, and OSPF. Knowledge of configuring GRE and IPSEC Tunnels.
• 5 years of related technical experience may be substituted for education.
• At least 3 years of Cisco hardware configuration and maintenance experience, and at
least 5 years of hands-on experience in an enterprise-scale network environment.
• Proficient understanding of the OSI model, TCP/IP, and subnetting.
• Demonstrated proficiency with Cisco switches and Cisco ASA firewalls.
• Demonstrated experience with Tier II/III level troubleshooting.
• Demonstrated experience configuring various routing protocols.
• Demonstrated experience building IPSec tunnels.
• Experience with shell scripting.
• Hands on experience with firewalls.
• Hands on experience with Cisco Firepower, Cisco ISE, and Cisco ASA.
• Hands on experience with various cloud networking components.
• OpenVPN and WireGuard configurations.
• Provide technical guidance and leadership to engineers with less experience.
• Ability to review work of others and detect errors or needed modifications.
• Ability to work under minimal direction.
• Ability to determine and develop approach to solutions quickly.
• Ability to make recommendations to purchase hardware, software, and
• Excellent communication skills: shows tact, effective listening skills and follow through.
• Competent to work at a high technical level of Network engineering activities.
• Innovation and learning recent technologies.
Travel and alternate hours:
• Occasional travel to customer sites in support of troubleshooting, testing, and
• Ability to work after hours and weekends as needed. (outages/upgrades)
The company believes in our employees and technology solutions that is designed as the result of hard-work. Its the work ethic and motivation of these employees that continues to be the integral part of Brilliant Solutions business success. We continue to aspire for growth opportunities with other clients and business partners.